the Compensation and Justice You Deserve
Newport Beach residents rely on pharmacists to provide them with the medication they need to treat their medical conditions. Unfortunately, pharmacists often make mistakes, such as:
- Dispensing the incorrect medication
- Miscalculating a patient’s dosage, and
- Failing to identify drug interactions
These errors often have a substantial negative impact on the health of the pharmacist’s patients. In some cases, mistakes of this nature can even be fatal.
If you recently became sick or sustained an injury because of a pharmacy mistake, you might be entitled to compensation. Arrange a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer at Jamal Injury Law P.C. in Newport Beach to discuss the validity of your case.Common Causes of Pharmacist Errors in Newport Beach
The vast majority of pharmacist errors in California are caused by one (or more) of the following factors:
- Fatigue: Long shifts can make pharmacists tired. That fatigue can then cause them to miscalculate dosages and dispense the wrong drugs.
- Distractions: Phone calls, conversations, and other distractions can lead to pharmacy mistakes.
- Lax Protocols: Pharmacies should have protocols in place to reduce the risk of errors. If those protocols are lax, mistakes are more likely to happen.
- Mislabeled Drugs: Sometimes, drugs have the wrong name on the packaging. When this happens, pharmacists often dispense the wrong medication to their patients.
At Jamal Injury Law P.C., we’ve been holding pharmacists and their employers accountable for their mistakes for years. If you’d like to have our malpractice attorneys stand up for you, please contact us today to schedule a free consultation at our Newport Beach law office.Consequences of Pharmacist Mistakes in Newport Beach
Californians rely on pharmacists to keep them healthy. When pharmacists make mistakes, their patients can experience a wide range of consequences, including:
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Allergic reactions
- Cardiac episodes
- Blood clots
- Strokes, and
Orange County residents often need to seek medical care when they experience these issues. It is not uncommon for patients to incur tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills as a result of a pharmacist’s negligence.
Did a pharmacy mistake have negative consequences for you or a member of your family? If so, please reach out to a Newport Beach pharmacist malpractice lawyer at Jamal Injury Law P.C. as soon as possible. We may be able to help you recover some much-needed compensation.Compensation in California Pharmacist Malpractice Cases
The amount of compensation available to individuals who become sick or injured as a result of a pharmacist's mistake varies significantly from case to case. However, most plaintiffs can recover compensation for the following economic damages:
- Medical treatment expenses
- Physical and occupational therapy costs
- Lost wages, and
- Loss of future earning capacity
Sick and injured Californians can also pursue compensation for non-economic damages, like:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, and
- Loss of enjoyment of life
California’s Medical Injury Compensation Reform Act (MICA) may limit non-economic damages in pharmacist malpractice cases.
The experienced pharmacist malpractice attorneys at Jamal Injury Law P.C. have been helping Newport Beach residents claim damages from negligent medical professionals for many years. If you would like to have us fight for you, just give us a call and set up a free consultation with a member of our team.A Newport Beach Pharmacist Malpractice Lawyer You Can Trust
Don’t let your pharmacist’s negligent behavior devastate your financial future. Contact the skilled malpractice lawyers at Jamal Injury Law P.C. in Newport Beach at 714-907-1021. We might be able to help you recover compensation and get back on a solid financial footing.